Consulting Projects and Activities – Fall 2011
- Special MATLAB Workshop for Graduate Students
- Client: UMBC Graduate School, Dr. Renetta Tull
- Consultants: Dr. Matthias Gobbert, Jonathan McHenry
- Description: On 11/11/11, CIRC will be hosting a special MATLAB Workshop in ENGR 122 from 4-7pm. CIRC will provide a prepared demonstration of numerical computation in MATLAB, and advanced programming techniques in MATLAB. In addition, MATLAB tutors will be present to provide individualized assistance.
- MyUMBC link (requires myUMBC login)
- Course Pathway Analysis
- Client: UMBC Office of Institutional Research, Dr. Michael Dillon
- Consultants: Dr. Nagaraj Neerchal, Jonathan McHenry
- Description: Analysis of UMBC student grades data.
- Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) Research
- Client: Dr. Bediako
- Consultants: Merve Gurlu, Brittney Walker
- Description: Analyze pilot study of 32 SCD patient diaries recorded for three weeks. We will attempt to explain the effect of pain and stigma of the disease on the patient’s quality of life.
- Alumni Giving Data
- Client: Office of Institutional Advancement, UMBC
- Consultants: Dr. Nagaraj Neerchal and Merve Gurlu
- Description: Created an MS ACCESS database. Generated several queries to create frequency and summary tables to understand the donation patterns of UMBC alumni.
- Allocation of Disallowances for LEAs
- Consultants: Dr. Nagaraj Neerchal, Dr. Bimal Sinha, Merve Gurlu
Also Consulted With
- Kimberly Reaves, UMBC Graduate Student (Jonathan McHenry, Matthias Gobbert)
- Kate Feller, UMBC Graduate Student (Jonathan McHenry, Matthias Gobbert)
- Dr. Matthew Baker, Department of Geography and Environmental Systems, UMBC (Dr. Gobbert and Andrew Raim)
- Dr. Nuno and Dr. Frey, Chemical Engineering Department UMBC, Hyperbolic PDE solve using Parallel Nelder-Meade (Dr. Gobbert, Andrew Raim, Jonathan McHenry)
Publications and Presentations
- Alen Alexanderian, Matthias K. Gobbert, K. Renee Fister, Holly Gaff, Suzanne Lenhart, and Elsa Schaefer. An Age-Structured Model for the Spread of Epidemic Cholera: Analysis and Simulation. Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 3483-3498, 2011. Link to Elsevier’s ScienceDirect Service for this article and preprint in PDF-format.
This paper resulted from consulting work involving CIRC RA Alen Alexanderian in Fall 2007.